In our daily lives, buying is often looked at as a one-time deal. We go to a store and purchase an item; end of transaction.
In the B2B world, buying can be a repetitive process that requires building and nurturing relationships with your customers so that they continue to purchase from you. This is where relationship marketing comes into play. Relationship marketing is the practice of focusing your marketing efforts on long-term customer engagement. Below are the top five ClickDimensions features that can assist with your relationship marketing efforts.
1. Campaign automation – This is a nurturing tool that allows you to automate communications over a period of time. Customers can progress through the automation based on their interactions with the messages they receive. You can also use this feature to send internal notifications regarding the need for a phone call to the customer or to send them a direct mail piece. This is a great tool for staying out in front of your customer base and communicating with them on a regular basis. The screenshot below shows a basic example of a customer engagement campaign automation.
2. Web forms – Forms are a great way to capture data from your customers. It is always important to have the most up-to-date information so that your customers know that you value them. This allows you to capture data that can be used in the personalization feature below, among many other sales and marketing initiatives. Here is an example of a form used to capture data and update customer contact records:
3. Personalization – Our personalization feature allows you to reference data from lead, contact, account or owner records. This is a great way to give your emails a personal touch that better engages your customers. In the example below, we can see how a commercial lawn equipment manufacturer could use personalization to add their customer's name, the piece of equipment they most recently purchased and the name of their closest service center to create a customized email experience.
4. SMS messaging – Bulk texting or individual texting is an effective method for maintaining strong relationships with customers during the buying cycle. You can use this feature to alert customers to special promotions or other beneficial information.
5. Web tracking – With ClickDimensions' web intelligence feature, your team is able to see – right within a CRM record – every page a customer has viewed on your website, helping you better understand customer behaviors. This gives you the ability to develop content that is more geared to their interests. You can also use this information in the phone call or direct mail activities we mentioned earlier in this post.
ClickDimensions makes relationship marketing easy, allowing you to nurture your existing customers while continuing to attract leads and turn them into new customers. The above features are tools that can potentially assist with your relationship marketing efforts, and I recommend diving in to ClickDimensions to see which features work best for your individual business case.
Written by Matt Privateer, ClickDimensions Marketing Success Manager