Have you ever wanted to mix the capacities of two ClickDimensions email template editors to build one email template? Here is how to build an email template in the drag and drop editor, then switch to the freestyle editor.
Please keep the following in mind:
- You may switch from building your email template in the drag and drop editor to the freestyle or custom HTML editors
- You may switch from building your email template the block editor to the freestyle or custom HTML editors
- We recommend doing this process on a cloned email template record; once you import your email template from the drag and drop editor or block editor into either the freestyle editor or custom HTML editor, you cannot switch back!
This is my original email template record. I built it in the drag and drop editor.
(2) Clone your email template record. For more on cloning, see our Help documentation here. We recommend cloning this email template record and changing editors only on the cloned email template; once you change to freestyle or custom HTML, you can’t work backwards!
This is how the cloned record will originally appear.
(4) Finish your template by adding in some HTML. Once you save this record, you’re now ready to create an email send!
This is my template cloned from the drag and drop editor, now shown in the freestyle editor. I now have access to the HTML by selecting the “Source” button!
ClickDimensions offers four different email template editors to use; there is something for every skill level! Why not get the benefit of using the best aspects of multiple editors?
Written by Molly Lambeth, ClickDimensions Marketing Success Manager