Unbounce is a very cool web-based landing page designer that lets marketers design and publish landing pages with embedded forms and test variations of the landing pages against each other to see which performs best in converting visitors. We recently did some experimentation for a customer to show how Unbounce landing pages and forms can work with ClickDimensions and Microsoft CRM.
First, let’s look at the end result of our experiment:
An Unbounce Landing Page with an Unbounce Form – Feeds Leads into CRM via ClickDimensions
A simple landing page with a lead generation form created in Unbounce.com posts the data to a ClickDimensions “Posted Form” record in CRM and ClickDimensions creates a Lead:
- In CRM with ClickDimensions installed, create a Form Capture record and set up the Form Fields you want to capture. This is described in our documentation, here, but the goal is to get the form’s action URL.
- Create a Domain record in CRM for the unbouncepages.com domain, where your Unbounce landing page will be hosted:
(UPDATE: The kind folks at unbounce.com told us that their customers can also customize the URL where these landing pages are hosted. The default is unbouncepages.com as shown below, but if you use a custom URL, you'd set up the domain record accordingly.)
- Design the landing page and form in Unbounce.com’s designer. We’ve added just four simple fields, a name field, an email field, a company field and a phone field. In CRM, we created corresponding “Form Field” records for each of these. (Note: When you create the field in Unbounce, give it the same name as the Form Field Id you gave the Form Field record in CRM. For example, ‘phone’ is the name of the Phone field in Unbounce, and is also the id of the Form Field record in CRM.)
- Select the form and in the Form Confirmation section, select the option to post the data to a URL. Then paste the form action URL from step 1 above as the action for the Unbounce form.
- Save and publish your page in Unbounce.com and test it out! And happy marketing!