Over the last year, it has become apparent that it is vital for marketers to learn and adapt in order to stay ahead in the industry. Whether you want to develop your knowledge on marketing basics or tackle a completely new program, you can make a valuable investment in yourself and add value in your organization by expanding your skillset.
It may seem like a daunting task to learn a new skill from scratch, but there are many online resources that offer courses and exercises to help you move at your own pace. Below, we’ve complied some helpful resources to help you jumpstart your marketing skill building.
1. Udemy. There are more than 130,000 online video courses to choose from on Udemy’s website, giving you lots of options to find a new skill to add to your portfolio. From classes on Excel to digital marketing or project management, you will be able to move at your own pace and learn from industry experts along the way. The platform also offers Udemy for Business, a way for everyone on your team to access Udemy courses.
2. Google Digital Garage. Want to pick up some of today’s most in-demand skills? Google Digital Garage offers courses covering data, tech and digital marketing to help you keep pace. With additional courses covering topics like career development, there are learning opportunities for those just starting out their career and experts alike.
3. Coursera. Coursera boasts that it provides world-class learning accessible to anyone, anywhere. The training platform has partnerships with more than 200 universities and companies. You’re sure to find a topic that piques your interest with 5,000+ courses, 45 professional certificates and 25 degrees.
4. Skillshare. Why are there over 8 million creators on Skillshare? Because Skillshare provides a hands-on approach to teaching with guided prompts and projects. This teaching style enables you get real world experience building your new skills and connecting with the Skillshare community along the way.
5. Facebook Blueprint. Facebook Blueprint is a must for marketers new to social media management. It offers free online courses and the popular Facebook certification. You will be able to maximize your Facebook account by learning how to enhance your posted content and ads. Popular courses include Using Facebook Groups to Engage Your Audience, Campaign Performing with Ads Manager and Best Brand Practices.
6. Twitter Flight School. Like Facebook, Twitter also offers its own training to help you become a pro at advertising on their platform. From courses covering social management, strategy, planning and creative, there’s something for everyone on your team. Twitter offers beginner courses such as Introduction to Twitter Ads Manager, intermediate classes like Finding Your Audience and advanced classes for pros like Launching a Twitter Video Ad Campaign.
7. LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn is synonymous with career development, so it makes sense to look to their extensive library for learning resources. Their most popular classes include Learning Excel, Data Visualization and Programming Foundations. The LinkedIn Learning certification program is well-respected among industry professionals and is easily added to your profile. With a free first month trial, it is worth exploring what LinkedIn Learning has to offer.
Adding new skills to your portfolio has the potential to make you a stronger professional, grow your career and spark a love of learning. No matter what training resource you choose, you will be happy that you made the choice to invest in yourself.